Need an alternative to Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator?
Candy Apple (MSRP $29.99) is a sweet new vector design and illustration app for Mac that allows any novice or pro to create drawings, logos, banners, buttons, icons and more. You can also edit and enhance photos, or convert images to drawable vector paths.
This powerful Mac graphic design application supports importing fully editable SVG graphics, or simply drag and drop SVG graphics directly onto the canvas to begin working with.
Check out some of its best features:
- NEW! Added support for SVG format
- Full vector support
- Enhance pictures and add effects
- Draw illustrations and graphics
- Draw Rectangle, Oval, Round Rectangle, Round End Rectangle, Line, Polygon, Path, Freehand, Ring, Speech Balloon, and Arc
- Use what you create royalty free
- Convert text to a shape or path
- Adjust freehand drawing to create smooth looking paths
- Vectorize images to turn any photo into an editable graphic
- Add strokes (regular, arrowed, rough, zig-zag)
- Add fills (solid, gradient, pattern, zig-zag, hatch)
- Add text on a path
- Add an image to text
- Blend and mask effects
- Over 130 filters and effects
- Full layer support
- Boolean operation support to combine shapes
- Easily align multiple items on your canvas
- Rulers and guides make it easy to place items in the right location
- Snap to grid, snap to guides, or snap to other objects
- Zoom in or out to get every detail pixel perfect
- Import SVG graphics and edit their vector paths
- Export in fully editable vector PDF
- Export as an image (JPEG, TIFF, PNG, BMP, GIF)
- Supports transparent backgrounds
- Extensive help file explains Candy Apple’s tools in detail
- And more
Candy Apple is supported on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and higher (including Mavericks) and is available on the Mac App Store or the MacAppware website.